Krav K9 and Tactical is proud to announce that the next OP-K9CC class will be held January 18-22, 2015. This class will be held at the training facility in Bertram, TX. Housing accommodations can be booked through Cedar Creek Inn.
Operational K9 Casualty Care (OP-K9CC) is our version of Canine Tactical Combat Casualty Care (C-TCCC) and K9 Tactical Emergency Casualty Care (K9-TECC) integrated together bringing both real world experience and the most cutting-edge information to ensure the most comprehensive care for OP-K9s. Our Goal is to:
- Provide non-veterinary personnel (NVPs) with general information concerning:
- Basic Canine Anatomy & Physiology
- How to approach, restrain, and work around OpK9s
- How to Conduct a Systematic Thorough Physical Examination
- How to Obtain and Monitor Vital Parameters
- Provide clinical medical guidance for management of seriously ill or injured MPCs to assist in recognition and initial resuscitation and stabilization of life- and limb- threatening conditions that warrant NVP intervention in the absence of veterinary personnel.
Student requirements: Notepad and pen, eye protection, ear protection, baseball type cap, heavy pants belt with holster and magazine carriers, personal defense pistol with at least (3) hi-capacity magazines or (5) single stack magazines, handgun cleaning kit and gun oil / CLP.
(Body armor is optional unless it is required by your agency during firearms training.)
Recommended equipment: Rain gear, sunscreen, insect repellent, hydration system and water.