This 3 Day Defensive Handgun Course 101 course will provide students with formal information and training on firearms safety, nomenclature, operation, basic gun-handling skills and use of force laws covering self-defense applications.
Student’s will develop these skills through proper dry-practice techniques, live-fire drills, fundamental diagnostics and structured training sessions that prepare students for personal defense applications of the semi-automatic pistol.
This 3 Day Defensive Handgun Course 101 course will also cover the primary elements of combat mindset, situational awareness, principals of personal defense and the physiological response & reaction of the human body under duress.
The following firearms training topics will be covered:
Basic firearms training & gun-handling safety rules.
Transition from revolver to semi-automatic pistol.
Transition to striker fired semi-automatic pistol.
Nomenclature of the semi-automatic pistol.
Disassembly / re-assembly of the semi-automatic pistol.
Mechanical operation of the semi-automatic pistol.
Fundamentals of shooting the semi-automatic pistol.
The natural action stance and thumbs forward grip.
Mastering Sight Gear 1 – perfect sight alignment.
- Mastering Sight Gear 2 – The Flash Sight Picture.
Basic marksmanship and target analysis.
- Combat marksmanship and target analysis.
Basic gun-handling skills development.
- Combat gun-handling skills development.
Presentation from ready pistol
Presentation from the holster.
Thumb checking and proper indexing during re-holstering.
Loading / unloading and press checking.
Ammunition management – Emergency reloads, tactical reloads and speed reloads.
Malfunction clearance drills – Class 1, Class 2 and Class 3.
Methodology of shooting the semi-automatic pistol.
Developing a dry-practice program and dry-practice skill building drills.
Fundamental diagnostics and self-correcting fundamental errors.
Preventive maintenance and cleaning.
Awareness of exposure to toxic metals and solvents.
Firearm transport laws and proper firearm storage.
- Mental conditioning and combat mindset.
- Developing tactical aptitude and situational awareness.
- Target distance and optical illusions.
- Safe operation and control of the semi-automatic pistol.
- Threat assessment and area scanning.
- Ball & dummy live-fire skill building drills.
- Lawful use of force and laws of personal defense.
- Precision concentration drills.
- Understanding time elements used in courses of fire.
- Progressive multi-shot drills.
- Split-time rhythm drills.
- Standard drill test and evaluation.
- Basic handgun qualification course.
- Course fee includes custom cardboard Spartan dry-practice target and laminated dry-practice rules handout.
- This is the most comprehensive 3-day basic pistol program available in the industry – period!
Course duration: 3 days (24 hours)
Course tuition: $ 495.00
(Tuition fee includes all range fees and use of loaner firearms)
Course student limit: 12
Student requirements: Notepad and pen, eye protection, ear protection, baseball type cap, heavy pants belt with holster and magazine carriers, personal defense pistol with at least (3) hi-capacity magazines or (5) single stack magazines, handgun cleaning kit and gun oil / CLP.
(Body armor is optional unless it is required by your agency during firearms training.)
Recommended equipment: Rain gear, sunscreen, insect repellent, hydration system and water. (All practical hand on classes are outside.)
Ammunition requirements: 500 rounds (minimum)
(Ammunition is available for purchase upon request)
Loaner handguns available for student use:
- Glock 17 (9mm)