Course Description: This 1-day firearms training course focuses on developing combat mindset and aggressive gun-handling skills. The concepts of dominating the weapon, threat, and all visual areas while moving off the line of force will be emphasized throughout the class.
Students will develop reflexive skills that will enable them to quickly and efficiently engage threats while performing multiple complex tasks.
Advanced Pistol 1 is a pre-requisite to attend the following firearms training courses:
- Advanced Pistol 2: Rapid Deployment Pistol Operator
- 1-day Introduction to Dynamic Room Entry
- Using Cover While Moving and Shooting
The following firearms training topics will be covered:
- Firearms training safety rules review.
- Principals of personal defense.
- Advanced pistol methodology and concepts.
- Mental conditioning and combat mindset.
- Developing tactical aptitude.
- Review of shooting fundamentals.
- The natural action stance and thumbs forward grip.
- Methodology of shooting the semi-automatic pistol.
- Presentation from ready pistol.
- Presentation from the holster.
- Moving off the line of force and lateral displacement.
- Threat assessment and area scanning.
- Dominating the weapon, threat and visual areas.
- Ammunition management and reloading techniques.
- Malfunction clearance drills.
- Combat gun-handling skills.
- Engaging multiple threats.
- Drugged assailant and body armor defeating drills.
- Weapon retention issues.
- Disparity of force issues.
- Use of the flash sight picture vs. perfect sight alignment.
- Introduction to tactical speed shooting concepts.
- Mastering Sight Gear 3 – Front sight proximity shooting.
- Team shoot-offs on steel and paper targets.
- Man vs. man stress course – combined skills evaluation.
- Effects of handgun projectiles on body armor, kinetic energy transfer and back-face signature.
- Combat handgun qualification course.
Course duration: 1 day (8 hours)
Course tuition: $ 165.00
(Tuition fee includes all range fees and use of loaner firearms)
Course student limit: 16
Student requirements: Notepad and pen, eye protection, ear protection, baseball type cap, heavy pants belt with holster and magazine carriers, personal defense pistol with at least (3) hi-capacity magazines or (5) single stack magazines, handgun cleaning kit and gun oil / CLP.
(Body armor is optional unless it is required by your agency during firearms training)
Recommended equipment: Rain gear, sunscreen, insect repellent, hydration system and water.
Ammunition requirements: 500 rounds (minimum)
(Ammunition is available for purchase upon request)