New gun owners seeking familiarity and comfort, as well as those wanting to try something different and learn a new skill, will find this course to be the perfect foundation.
This comprehensive Defensive Handgun Maneuver 101 course provides hands-on training and the basic knowledge necessary to safely handle, load, fire, and maintain most types of revolvers and semi-automatic pistols. Classroom and range time offer ample opportunity to achieve the skills for success in a casual, stress-free environment. This course may also meet and/or exceed the training requirements of many states and localities to apply for concealed carry permits. Check with your local issuing agency for more details.
- Responsible firearms ownership and applications of the handgun
- Firearms safety for the home, workplace, and vehicle
- Safety concerns and practices while training and while carrying a firearm
- Safe use and handling of firearms
- Locking devices and techniques for firearms to prevent unauthorized access
- Potential dangers (penetration, ricochet, misidentification, accidental discharges, etc.)
- Ready positions
- Components and operation of modern pistols and revolvers
- Types, components, and purposes of modern ammunition
- Applicable laws relating to the possession, transportation, and storage of firearms
- General guidelines on interstate travel with firearms
- Administrative loading and unloading of pistols and revolvers
- Fundamentals of basic shooting techniques
- Preventative maintenance (cleaning, maintenance, inspection, and safe storage)
This Defensive Handgun Maneuver 101 class will help you to develop the skills needed to efficiently defend yourself with a firearm if needed. The class is designed for students that have just completed a Basic Firearms Safety Class and now want to learn the fundamentals of defensive shooting.
In this live fire class we will cover the following:
-Proper Grip and Stance
-Sight Alignment and sight picture
-sighted vs unsighted fire
-Proper presentation of firearm from the holster
We will also review and evaluate equipment to help you figure out what works best, what does not work and why.
All students will need the following:
300-400 rounds of target ammo (Ammo must be onsite. No Reloads Allowed)
A quality firearm
at least 3 magazines