Course Description: This 1-day firearms training course provides a formal, structured training format for:
1) New shooters seeking to learn proper operation and use of the semi-automatic pistol.
2) Students seeking to transition from the revolver to the semi-automatic pistol.
3) Students seeking to transition from DAO or DA/SA semi-automatic pistols to striker fired semi-automatic pistols.
This firearms training course provides students with formal information and training on firearms safety, nomenclature, operation, basic gun-handling skills and use of force laws covering self-defense & personal defense applications.
This hands-on firearms training class develops the student’s skill-set through proper dry-practice techniques, live-fire drills, fundamental diagnostics and structured training sessions that prepares students for the tactical application of the semi-automatic pistol.
Upon completion of this firearms training course, the student will possess the fundamental skills necessary to participate in the: Basic Defensive Pistol Skills Course.
The following firearms training topics will be covered:
- Firearms training and basic firearms safety rules.
- Transition from revolver to semi-automatic pistol. (Covered in transition course only)
- Transition to striker fired semi-automatic pistol. (Covered in transition course only)
- Nomenclature of the semi-automatic pistol.
- Disassembly / re-assembly of the semi-automatic pistol.
- Mechanical operation of the semi-automatic pistol.
- Fundamentals of shooting.
- The natural action stance and thumbs forward grip.
- Mastering Sight Gear 1 – perfect sight alignment.
- Basic marksmanship and target analysis.
- Basic gun-handling skills.
- Presentation from ready pistol
- Presentation from the holster.
- Thumb checking during re-holstering.
- Loading / unloading and press checking.
- Ammunition management – Emergency reloads, tactical reloads and speed reloads.
- Malfunction clearance drills – Class 1 and Class 2.
- Methodology of shooting the semi-automatic pistol.
- Developing a dry-practice program and dry-practice skill building drills.
- Fundamental diagnostics and self-correcting fundamental errors.
- Preventive maintenance and cleaning.
- Awareness of exposure to toxic metals and solvents.
- Lawful use of force, firearm transport laws and firearm storage.
- Standard drill test and evaluation.
- Course fee includes custom cardboard Spartan dry-practice target and laminated dry-practice rules handout.
Course duration: 1 days (8 hours)
Course tuition: $ 225.00
(Tuition fee includes all range fees and use of loaner firearms)
(The 3-day Basic Defensive Pistol Program combines this course with our 1-day Basic Defensive Pistols Skills Course)
Course student limit: 12
Student requirements: Note pad & pen, eye protection, ear protection, baseball type cap, heavy pants belt or duty belt with holster and magazine carriers, personal defense handgun with at least (3) hi-capacity magazines or (5) single-stack magazines, handgun cleaning kit and gun oil / CLP.
Recommended equipment: Rain gear, sunscreen, insect repellent, hydration system and water. (For outdoor classes only)
Ammunition requirements: 250 rounds (minimum)
(Ammunition is available for purchase upon request.)
Krav K9 and Tactical can provide students with a loaner semi-automatic pistol, magazines and holster rig for this firearms training class upon request.
Loaner handguns available for student use:
- Glock 19 (9mm)
For more information, contact us at (512) 909-4642. To book online now click here