As of September 6, 2016, the K9 Officer Down Memorial Page (ODMP) (http://www.odmp.org/k9), has reported (81) Line of Duty Operational Canine (OP-K9) deaths in 2016. The huge gap between human and canine care in the tactical environment has been a topic of Special Operations Medical Association (SOMA) and the Committee on Tactical Emergency Casualty Care (Co-TECC) guidelines are expected to finalize early 2016.
Operational K9 Casualty Care (OP-K9CC) is our version of Canine Tactical Combat Casualty Care (C-TCCC) and K9 Tactical Emergency Casualty Care (K9-TECC) integrated together bringing both real world experience and the most cutting-edge information to ensure the most comprehensive care for OP-K9s. Our Goal is to:
- Provide non-veterinary personnel (NVPs) with general information concerning:
- Basic Canine Anatomy & Physiology
- How to approach, restrain, and work around OpK9s
- How to Conduct a Systematic Thorough Physical Examination
- How to Obtain and Monitor Vital Parameters
- Provide clinical medical guidance for management of seriously ill or injured MPCs to assist in recognition and initial resuscitation and stabilization of life- and limb- threatening conditions that warrant NVP intervention in the absence of veterinary personnel.2 DAY CLASS: OP-K9CC – 16 hours (TCOLE COMPLIANT) 8hr classwork/8hr hands on/practical exam– OP-K9CC, GSW, STAB WOUNDS, BANDAGING, SPLINTING, NCD, INTUBATION,CASUALTY CARD
For class dates and tickets please click here*** No refunds. Future class credit only.